Revised for Update 2
As an Hobbit, which race traits you equip will depend on three things: your class, your level and which traits you have earned.
Free and Premium players have an additional consideration: you start with only two race trait slots. Of the four traits types, buying more race trait slots should be your lowest priority. Simply equip your best two.
Hobbits have a pretty easy time finding the mobs they need for their racial deeds - all the mobs are abundant and can be soloed at a leisurely pace befitting a hobbit. Time for elevenses? No problem!
Which Race Traits to Equip as an HobbitThe list below is ordered from most useful to least useful. Pick the first five (or two, if you are Free or Premium) that apply to you!
- Hobbit-silence, the hobbit emergency skill, lets you feign death for 30 seconds and is fairly helpful to every class. The mobs reset when you feign - just be sure to flop far enough away that you don't re-aggro them when you hop up.
- Return to Michel Delving is helpful for most classes, with the exception of hobbit hunters and wardens, who have alternate travel skills.
- Hobbit-stature (+20 Might) is helpful for most classes, but especially melee classes. Might increases your ability to block and parry, your melee offence and reduces the common damage you take.
- Hobbit-stealth is helpful when you need to sneak past some baddies to complete a quest or rejoin your group. Consider carrying some +stealth gear as Hobbit-stealth gives -3 to your effective stealth level.
- Virtuous Hobbit useful if you need another rank of these virtues and have a spare race trait slot. Empathy, Honesty, Idealism are all good virtues depending on your class and play-style.
- The Hobbit Club-damage Bonus adds a little extra damage if you melee with a club.
- The Guile and Conviction Bonus adds more damage over time and morale recovery to fellowship maneuvers if you go yellow or green. Could be useful depending on your class and how much you group.
- Stoop for a Stone is a decent ranged attack at low-levels and used situationally by some melee at high level for pulling or a chance to stun.
- Hobbit-resilience is practically useless. The fellowship hope buff doesn't stack with other sources of hope and is too small even for situational use.
Hobbit Race Traits
|Level||TP||Deed||Objective||Where to Hunt at Level (earlier locations also work)||Trait||Trait Effect|
|13||5||Enmity of the Wolves||Defeat 50 wolves||Bridgefield's Wall (The Shire)||Stoop for a Stone||Weak, short-distance ranged attack. Can be used every five seconds and has a small chance of stunning the target for 3 seconds.|
|19||10||Enmity of the Wolves II||Defeat 100 wolves||Snarling Hollow (Bree-land), Eastern Bree-fields||Guile and Conviction Bonus||+5% to Spider's Guile (yellow) and Eagle's Cry (green) Fellowship Maneuvers|
|25||15||Enmity of the Wolves III||Defeat 150 wolves||North of the Forsaken Inn or Minas Eriol (Lone-lands).||Hobbit Club-damage Bonus||+2% to 1-hand and 2-hand club damage|
|13||5||Enmity of the Spiders||Defeat 50 spiders||Bindbole Wood (The Shire)||Hobbit-stature||+20 Might|
|29||10||Enmity of the Spiders II||Defeat 150 spiders||Amon Ros (Lone-lands), just west of Ost Guruth or The Snares (North Downs), just south of Esteldin||Return to Michel Delving||Once an hour port to Michel Delving. Uses 1 travel ration.|
|35||15||Enmity of the Spiders III||Defeat 250 spiders||The Snares (North Downs), just south of Esteldin or Ram Duath (Angmar)||Hobbit-resilience||+1 hope fellowship buff for 9 minutes. Does not stack with other hope effects. Can be used once an hour.|
|30||5||Enmity of the Goblins||Defeat 50 goblins||North of the Forsaken Inn or Minas Eriol (Lone-lands)||Hobbit-stealth||Enables stealth (-3 stealth level) with decreased movement speed. Can be used every 30 minutes.|
|35||10||Enmity of the Goblins II||Defeat 100 goblins||Dol Dinen (North Downs) or Tham Andalath (Evendim)||Hobbit-silence||Feign death for 30 seconds. Can be used once an hour.|
|35||Mathom Society||Friend||Virtuous Hobbit||+1 Empathy, Honesty, Idealism|