Revised for Update 2
Content Pack: VIP or Evendim Quest Pack
|Evendim Quest Pack includes:|
Newly revamped in Update 2, it is now possible to level from 30 to 40 within Evendim. Progression has been smoothed with the addition of several new quest hubs and more than 100 new quests. In addition, many of those pesky fellowship quests that were hard to find a group for have been converted to solo content. Thief-taker's Bane anyone?
Also of note:
- The new and revamped questlines in Oatbarton, Northcotton Farms and Dwaling award Gift Mathoms - great if you need a boost to your Mathom Society faction.
- With so many of the new quests paying Wardens of Annuminas reputation, it's easier than ever to reach Kindred.
- The Annuminas instances have been lowered to level 40.
- Many quests pay bronze or silver Arnorian coins, which can be bartered to the Wardens of Annuminas rep vendor for gear and other goods, including a level 35 4-piece armor set. I found the set to be better than what I was wearing at 35, but not as good as level 38 crit crafted.
- Boat travel added to Tyl Ruinen and Men Erain.
- There's now a vault keeper in Tinnudir!
Alternate content for these levels includes North Downs (Esteldin and east), Trollshaws and Books 3 and 4 of Volume 1 of the epic story.
Quest Hubs and Points of Interest
This map shows the quests nodes for Evendim in progression (from A to K) and some points of interest (1 to 4).
Quest Hubs in Evendim
|A||23.2S, 67.3W||30-31||Oatbarton||x||x||x||x||Crafting facilities|
|C||13.8S, 64.2W||32-33||High King's Crossing||x||x||x||x|
|D||11.4S, 71.9W||33||Tyl Runien||x|
|E||12.7S, 67.2W||33-34||Tinnudir||x||x||x||x||x||Bard, class trainers, crafting facilities, faction reps, reflecting pool, skirmish camp, vault-keeper|
|F||7.4S, 64.3W||35-36||Ost Forod||x||x||x||x||Crafting facilities, Burglar class trainer|
|I||15.4S, 66.3W||37-38||Way of Kings||x|
|J||13.7S,75.8W||38||Rushingdale||Gwindeth (Blue Lady)|
|K||19.0S, 70.9W||38-40||Echad Garthadir||x||x||x||Annuminas barter vendors.|
Points of Interest in Evendim
|1||Camp Site||23.4S, 67.9W||Near Oatbarton|
|2||Camp Site||15.8S, 63.2W||In the Barandalf|
|3||Camp Site||6.2S, 74.7W||In Emun Uial|
|4||Camp Site||19.2S, 70.9W||In Annuminas|
Instances in EvendimWhile I applaud lowering the level of Annuminas to 40, but the time you finish the regular quests in the zone, it's time to get started on legendary page grinding, something Evendim won't help you with. Still, you should have many opportunities to run the Annuminas instances, especially at level 65 for Superior Third Marks. In addition to the level 55 and 65 armor sets offered in the skirmish camp (see the Classic vendor), there is a level 50 set you can barter for at Echad Garthadir.
Deeds in EvendimThe only change to deeds I saw to Evendim deeds is that is now takes 30/60/90 quests for the quest completion deeds, instead of the old 10/20/30. You can earn 18 ranks of virtues in Evendim, including 2 easy ranks of Fidelity and a fairly easy rank of Innocence (60 quests). See Virtues Finder: Evendim Quest Pack for a complete list.
As you TP, you can earn 225 Turbine Points from deeds in Evendim. Not bad, considering the regular price of 595 TP price (as of 4/10/2011), especially if you wait for a sale. See TP Finder: Evendim Quest Pack for a complete list.
The Epic Story in EvendimThe books of the epic story that travel through Evendim and Annuminas, Volume 1, Books 9 and 12, are still level 50. While you'll need to return to Evendim, the epic story is one of the most compelling components of LOTRO and not to be missed if you haven't done it before, especially now that it can be soloed.
Crafting in Evendim
Of special note, a full set of non-superior crafting stations were added to Tinnudur in Update 2.
Open QuestionsThere were a couple of questions I was unable to test due to the state of my test character. Please post if you can shed light on the answers!
- The unlock level for Annuminas deeds may have been lowered. If you can confirm the new levels, please let us know!
- Is boat travel still considered "swift travel" for free players?