There are a couple of factors to consider when farming hides. First only fur-bearing beasts drop hides - boars, bears and wolves, to name a few. Which type of hide a particular animal drops depends on its level.
|Hide||Beast Level||Crafting Tier|
Choosing a Farming LocationYou will find hides in every zone - take advantage of this while leveling. Kill some extra beasts before heading back to town if your bags aren't full. However, when you need a few hundred hides, look for a farming location with these characteristics:
- Avoid mobs that are the objective of quests or popular deeds - competition for mobs will just slow you down.
- Farm close to a vendor. The stackable loot beasts drop can add up to some serious coin, so being able to sell and use a mailbox when your bags are full is a big help.
- Not too far from a stable master. Don't trek long distances on foot or horseback if there is a closer option available.
- Finally, farming will go lots faster if the mobs are at least 5 levels lower than you. This usually means focusing on mobs on the low end of the level range for the tier.
- Bonus: Advances a deed
- Bonus: Shard dropping named mob nearby
Where to Farm Light HidesUsed in relatively small quantities for tier 1 crafting, level 1-12 hide dropping animals are plentiful in the racial starter areas in Bree-land, Ered Luin and The Shire. If you don't get enough simply leveling up, check the Auction House for Light Hides and Light Leather, which usually sell cheaply. If you are still a few short, a visit to the Yellow Tree (32.7S 48.0W) in Chetwood South (Bree-land), the Hunter's Notch (18.6S 100.6W) in north Ered Luin, Nen Hilith (29.0S 94.1W) in south Ered Luin or the Wolf Den (30.5S 72.6W) in The Shire will let you stock up quickly.
Where to Farm Medium HidesMedium hides drop from beasts, level 13 to 23, in Bree-land, Ered Luin, The Shire, Lone-lands and North Downs.
Step out the West Gate of Bree and you are in prime medium hide farming terriority. With the revamp of Bree-land, there is no need to trek farther. Try the "boar pit" (27.5S 52.3W), the road area between Adso's Camp (29.3S 56.8W) and the Brandywine Bridge (31.4S 63.0W ) or the area between Thornley's Farm (25.2S 53.8W), Snarling Hollow (24.2S 54.7W) and the Old Greenway Fort (24.0S 53.1W).
Where to Farm Sturdy Hides
Go to HomePage 1 of 3 Next >>